Young Jeezy Gets a Shout Out From President Obama [Video]
Rucuss staffApril 30, 2012
Rapper Young Jeezy wasn’t in attendance at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner but President Barack Obama gave him a shout out in his speech.
Obama poked fun at himself and his constituents at the dinner that took place on April 28. He even said a few words about the Secret Service scandal and his graying hair. Then he mentioned the Atlanta rapper.
“In my first term I sang Al Green,” the president said about his impromptu rendition of Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” in January. “In my second term, I’m going with Young Jeezy,” Mr. Obama joked.
Then addressing his wife, Michelle Obama, he noted, “Michelle said, ‘Yeah.’ I sing that to her sometimes.”
Jeezy reacted to the White House mention on Twitter, writing, “Shout out to @BarackObama.” He added, “You know they love the snowman in the white house.”
In 2008, Jeezy released the song Mr. President with rapper Nas. The single, which was recorded when Mr. Obama clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, made Rolling Stone’s 100 Best Songs of 2008 list. Jay-Z, later, jumped on the DC remix of the song.
Watch Obama give a shout-out to the President below.
Watch his full speech below.
More from Rucuss
- President Barack Obama Finally Addresses Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Cuba Trip [Video]
- Joey BadA$$ Says He’s Sorry For Sharing Malia Obama’s Selfie [Details]
- Michelle Obama Covers Vogue, President Obama Admits She Upgraded Him [Photos]
- Chrisette Michele Responds to Trump Performance Backlash [Details]
- President Barack Obama and Michelle’s First Dance [Video]
- President Obama Addresses The George Zimmerman Verdict & Race In America [Video]