WOW! David Stern To Jim Rome: “Have You Stopped Beating Your Wife Yet?” [Audio]
Rucuss staffJune 13, 2012
NBA commissioner David Stern got into a heated argument with radio host Jim Rome on Wednesday.
The interview quickly became an ugly one once Rome mentioned the NBA draft. Stern clearly reached his boiling point when the radio host asked whether the draft lottery was rigged after the league-owned New Orleans Hornets drew the top pick.
When Rome asked if the NBA draft lottery was fixed, Stern replied, “Have you stopped beating your wife yet?” Rome never answered the question but debated with Stern for a few minutes after the remark over the legitimacy of Rome’s question.
The interview ended on a sour note when Stern ended with, “I have to go call someone important now. Stephen A. Smith is up next.” Ouch!
To be fair Stern wasn’t actually asking if Rome, who is married with two kids, had he stopped beating his wife. He was actually using a famous logic game, which is a rhetorical move intended to put your opponent in an awkward position.
Whether you say yes or no, you are saying that you have been beating your wife. You incriminate yourself just by participating in the exercise. Rome apparently caught on because he did not answer.
Listen to the interview below.
More from Rucuss
- NBA Trade: Lamar Odom Says Reality Show May Have Rubbed People the Wrong Way
- Roy Hibbert Videobombs ESPN, Talks About Stephen A. Smith’s Hairline [Video]
- Michael Jordan: ‘No question’ I would have beaten LeBron James [Video]
- NBA Player Stephen Jackson Threatens to Punch Serge Ibaka in the Mouth [Details]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Insults Nelly & Shantel Jackson During Interview, Nelly Responds
- Delaware Player Bets $5 on 15-Team NFL Parlay, Wins $100,000