Woman Claims Rihanna’s MAC Lipstick Gave Her Herpes, Suing Company! [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 30, 2013
A Harlem woman claims she got herpes from using a tester tube of lipstick at a Rihanna concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays center.
Starkeema Greenidge, 28, alleges in a lawsuit she contracted the virus on May 7 when a representative of M.A.C. Cosmetics applied a used tube of Rihanna’s Ruby Woo to her lips. The lawsuit, filed against M.A.C. in the Manhattan Supreme Court, states that she missed two weeks of work as a waitress due to the incurable disease, which has already cost her a substantial amount of money, The New York Daily News reports.
Greenridge alleges that the M.A.C. rep didn’t use a clean tube of lipstick when she advised her to apply it and, per the lawsuit, “press her lips together and spread the lipstick around.” She said she is suing in hopes of forcing the company to be more sanitary in the future. Greenidge also said the company should train its employees to use disposable tubes or swabs to apply the lipstick.
Greenidge is requesting unspecified damages because she claims the herpes has caused her “mental anguish and emotional distress.” The release of the Rihanna-endorsed beauty products coincided with the pop and R&B superstar’s Diamonds World Tour.
Photos via New York Daily News and M.A.C.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Rihanna Talks Being An Icon, Grammy Win, Viva Glam, & New Music on ‘GMA’
- Rihanna Gets The Keys To CoCo Chanel’s Paris Home, Given Private Tour [Photos]
- Rihanna Signs Deal For New Make Up Line [Details]
- Rihanna Signs Deal With MAC Cosmetics [Details]
- Rihanna Drops Out of Lollapalooza Colombia Over Zika Virus Concerns [Details]