WNBA Brittney Griner, Glory Johnson Wed After Domestic Violence Dispute
Rucuss staffMay 10, 2015
WNBA stars Brittney Griner and Glory Johnson are now married.
The basketball players appeared to have moved up their wedding, two weeks after their domestic violence arrest. The 24-year-old players tied the knot on Friday at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix.
Johnson posted a wedding photo of herself and her partner on Saturday on her Instagram page. She wore a Bridals by Lori’s strapless champagne wedding gown with crystal detailing, a sweetheart neckline and long train, paired with what appeared to be a cathedral-length veil, crystal headband and large necklace. Griner wore a tan suit, light button-down dress shirt and white tennis shoes.
The wedding took place in front of some 75 guests. The newlyweds’ first dance was Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud.
The wedding comes two weeks after both women were arrested on suspicion of assault and disorderly conduct after police responded to a domestic dispute at their new home outside of Phoenix. The two suffered minor injuries. The WNBA launched an investigation.
USA Today reports Griner pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct under a plea deal and is set to attend 26 weeks of domestic violence counseling and upon completion all charges will be dismissed. She voluntarily began counseling the day after her arrest and is cooperating with the WNBA’s investigation.
“It is never OK for an argument to turn physical,” Griner said in a statement released through her attorney. “This will never happen again, and I take my relationship and my responsibility as a role model seriously. I am committed to making positive changes and I plan to use what I have learned to set a good example and help make a difference in the world around me.”
Photos via People.com and Eonline.com
More from Rucuss
- Brittney Griner Files Annulment Papers Day After Wife Announces Baby [Details]
- Louisville Women’s BBall Player Punches Man in Kevin Durant’s Entourage [Video]
- WNBA Withdraws Fines From Teams And Players In Protest With Black Lives Matter
- Skylar Diggins’ Boyfriend Blasts Drake For Flirting With Girlfriend [Details]
- 2012 ESPY Awards: Matt Kemp, Lamar Odom, Tim Tebow & More Dress to Impress [Photos]
- Skylar Diggins Receives Mercedes as Graduation Gift From Jay-Z, Roc Nation [Photos]