Witness 9 Statements Released: ‘George Zimmerman Molested Me, Doesn’t Like Blacks’
Rucuss staffJuly 16, 2012
Special Prosecutor Angela Corey released a recorded statement from a woman who said George Zimmerman molested her when they were both children, beginning when she was six years old.
The statement comes on the heels of defense attorney Mark O’Mara attempting to block the woman, which is referred to as Witness 9, from being released Monday morning. O’Mara felt the information would make the public’s reaction to his client even more “hostile.” But the prosecutor chose to release the controversial statements anyway.
In a number of statements, Witness 9 alleges that Zimmerman molested her as a child and never liked Blacks. According to Witness 9, Zimmerman, who is reportedly two years older than the witness, used to put his hands under her pants and underwear when they were children/
“It started when I was 6, he’s almost about two years older than I am,” the witness said. “He would put his hands under my pants, under my underwear.”
Witness 9 also added that Zimmerman and his family always had a bias against Blacks and only liked them if they “acted White.” She explained, “[Zimmerman’s family] “don’t like black people if they don’t act like White people. They like Black people if they act White.”
Witness 9 called investigators just days after the shooting of Trayvon Martin to say that Zimmerman and his family were racists who disliked blacks. As investigators probed weeks later, she revealed the molestation allegations.
Zimmerman was arrested and charged with second-degree murder back in April, after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin as he returned to his father’s residence. He is in a guarded safe house after posting bail for the second time, which was 10 percent of a $1 million bond.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Wants to Interview George Zimmerman, Says Bobbi Kristina Interview Almost Didn’t Happen
- President Obama Addresses The George Zimmerman Verdict & Race In America [Video]
- George Zimmerman’s Bond Set at $150,000, Apologizes to Family [Details]
- Singer Attacked and Injured Onstage After Dedicating Song To Travyon Martin [Photo]
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Katherine Jackson Attorney: ‘Family Members Ambushed Michael Jackson’s Children! [Details]