Will Madonna Perform the Halftime Show at the Super Bowl?
Rucuss staffOctober 4, 2011
Are you ready for some Madonna?
The pop singer is rumored to be the featured performer at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Feb. 5. Sources close to the event told SBNation.com. Madonna’s rep Liz Rosenberg said she “can not officially confirm at this time.” A spokesperson for the NFL declined to comment.
This isn’t the first time Madonna was rumored to peform at the Super Bowl. She was close to performing during halftime for Super Bowls XXXIII and XXXV, but it fell through at the last minute. Madonna was scheduled to perform at Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami, only to have the plans fall apart before a deal could be reached. Two years later, she was the headline but later backed out at the last minute.
Last year, The Black Eyed Peas, Usher and Slash performed. The last female performer was Janet Jackson in 2004.
More from Rucuss
- Bruno Mars Will Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show [Details]
- Janet Jackson Splits with Husband Wissam Al Mana [Details]
- Bruno Mars Scores Most Watched Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Elton John’s Super Bowl Advice to Madonna: ‘Make Sure You Lip-Sync Good’
- Some of the Highest Single-Game Paychecks in Sports
- Rihanna Breaks Records With 11th No. 1 Hit