Will and Jada Smith Become Owners of the Philadelphia 76ers
Rucuss staffOctober 18, 2011
Will and Jada Smith are now part owners of the Philadelphia 76ers basketball team.
The Smiths are amongst a group headed by billionaire Joshua Harris who bought the NBA team for a deal that is reportedly worth $280 million.
The NBA said its Board of Governors had “unanimously approved the sale” of the team and the new owners have named former Philadelphian Adam Aron CEO.
“My partners and I are thrilled to have become owners of the Sixers,” said Harris in the news release. “It’s an honor to be part of this storied franchise. We want to build on the team’s momentum and be world class and cutting edge in everything we do.”
More from Rucuss
- Will and Jada Smith Caught Kissing at 76ers Game [Photos]
- The Sixers Honors Kobe Bryant With Tribute Before His Final Game In Philly
- NBA Player Andrew Bynum Channels Ike Turner With New Hairdo! [Photos]
- Say What: Did NBA Player Andrew Bynum Threatened To Kill Someone Over Pool?
- NBA Style: Philadelphia 76ers’ Nick Young Gets a 80’s Shag! [Photo]
- Nerlens Noel Hit With Child Support Lawsuit, Demands DNA Test