Whitney Houston’s Funeral Generate Huge Ratings For CNN
Peaches GrantFebruary 22, 2012
CNN lead all cable networks in the ratings during Whitney Houston’s funeral.
CNN averaged five million viewers during its coverage of the singer’s Baptist church homegoing ceremony on Feb. 18. The event was televised without commercial interruption for more than three hours. CNN spiked in viewership to 5.4 million viewers between 1:30 to 1:45 p.m.
Meanwhile, the HLN network averaged 1.42 million, followed by Fox News with 1.38 million and MSNBC with 709,000. Ratings for E! and BET ratings have not been released.
The funeral was held at Houston’s childhood church, New Hope Baptist. The invitation only funeral had Houston’s closest friends and family fill the music legend’s hometown church. Oprah, Tyler Perry, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, The Winans, T.D. Jakes, R. Kelly and other celebrities were in attendance.
Houston was laid to rest in a private ceremony alongside her father’s grave in Westfield, N.J. on Sunday. Houston was 48.
More from Rucuss
- Whitney Houston’s ‘Homecoming Ceremony’ Was a Celebration Filled with Tears and Emotion
- Ray J Denies Bobby Brown’s Sister Claims That He Gave Whitney Houston Cocaine
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]
- Bobby Kristina and Nick Gordon Headed to Mexico! [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina To Have Her Own Reality Show [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina Walks Off Tyler Perry Show In Tears [Details]