Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Wants to Change Her Last Name!
Rucuss staffMarch 11, 2012
Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown plans to change her name to lose her link to her father, Bobby Brown.
Bobbi Kristina, who will inherit her late mom’s entire estate while her dad will receive nothing, told friends she will become “Kristina Houston.” TMZ reports that Bobbi Kris “can’t stand” her name because of its association with her father.
Bobbi Kris allegedly wanted to change her name six years ago when her parents separated, but her mom wouldn’t allow it. Now that Houston is dead there is no one to oppose her decision.
The 19-year old has allegedly had a strained relationship with her father since the split with Houston in 2006. Bobby Brown has been hesitant to approach Bobbi Kristina since her mother’s death because of the bad blood between him and Houston’s family.
While some may speculate that Bobbi Kristina’s alleged recent bouts with substance abuse and emotional trauma from Houston’s death has played a role in her decision, TMZ claims that’s not the case. A source told TMZ that Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a ‘better place’ than she’s been in a while.”
Oprah will interview Bobbi Kristina and Houston’s sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston and brother Gary Houston tonight on OWN network. Bobbi Kristina will share personal memories of her mom. Oprah’s Next Chapter will air at 9/8c.
More from Rucuss
- Bobbi Kristina, Patricia Houston & Gary Houston Talk to Oprah About Whitney’s Death [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon Go Public! [Video]
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Cissy Houston Says She Will Fight ‘To The Grave’ To Protect Bobbi Kristina’s Money From Bobby Brown
- Bobbi Kristina & Nick Gordon Celebrate Whitney Houston’s Birthday With Tattoos [Photos]
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]