Wendy Williams Talks About Past Drug Use, Cries Over Whitney Houston’s Death [Video]
Johnnie WaltersFebruary 13, 2012
The most unlikely celebrity gave her heartfelt thoughts about the death of pop legend Whitney Houston.
Wendy Williams, who famously had a war of words with Houston on her radio show, broke down in tears when she began talking about the music legend. Wendy talked about her own struggles with crack cocaine and how she has remained sober for 15 years.
“Whitney and I, same age, and both plagued with the demon of substance abuse,” Williams said. “It’s been almost 15 years since I smoked last from a crack pipe. It’s been almost 15 years since I waited on Jerome Avenue on the Bronx for my drugs.”
Williams had hoped that the two would eventually meet one day in their 50s or 60s.
“I just thought we would meet and we would hug and we’d be sober and older,” she said.
Williams first publicly admitted that she had been addicted to cocaine in a 2009 episode of her show, explaining that she identified with Houston because they both struggled with drugs.
“I’ve never done this before on this show, but I’m telling you now that I don’t have anything more to say regarding this particular case,” Williams said.
Watch her heartfelt thoughts about Whitney below.
If you missed Wendy and Whitney’s interview on her radio show, check it out below.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Janet Hubert Slams Wendy Williams, Says She Crucified Whitney Houston When She Was Alive [Details]
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Money Problems! Is Whitney Houston Broke?
- Gerard Butler In Rehab For Addiction To Prescription Drugs
- Michael Houston Admits He Introduced Whitney Houston to Drugs [Video]