Washington Redskins Owner Buys $70 Million Yacht
Rucuss staffOctober 5, 2011
Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder wanted to sail the open seas in style.
The Washington Post’s Reliable Source reports Synder, along with a group of investors bought The Lady Anne, a 224-foot “superyacht” for $70 million, give or take a few million. Its one of the 100 biggest yachts in the world.
The Lady Anne yacht was custom-made for Jerome and Anne Fisher in 2006. Fisher co-founded the shoe company Nine West and sold his interest to Jones Apparel Group for $885 million in 1999.
Burgess, a company that rents out the yacht for use on the Mediterranean, boasts of the yacht’s grandeur:
From the moment you step on board you are taken back in time to the grace and glamour of the 1920s, with a La Modern French period design throughout. A magnificent spiralling five-storey staircase leads you to the spacious decks, be it the comfort of the main salon, the fabulously appointed theatre room or the light and airy upper salon for a pre-dinner cocktail.
Accommodation comprises of 6 beautifully appointed cabins for up to 12 guests, each with en suite jacuzzi bathrooms. The master suite is designed as a self-contained apartment, with his and her bathrooms featuring rare, pure white triple A-grade Thassos marble, as well as a library and VIP cabin.
Although, the yacht’s price tag is a hefty one, Synder is not hurting for money in the least. The Redskins owner is worth $1.1 billion dollars. The Redskins are the second-most valuable franchise in the NFL
More from Rucuss
- Redskins Outed For Running Fan Twitter Account [Details]
- Larsa Pippen Spotted Hanging At Future’s Miami Mansion [Details]
- NFL Player Robert Griffin III Buys $2.5 Million Home in Virginia [Photos]
- NFL Player Alfred Morris Still Drives a 1991 Mazda [Photos]
- RG3 Spars With Fan Who Thinks He Needs To Stay Off Social Media
- NFL Player Jabar Gaffney Goes on Twitter Rant, Says Feelings Are For Suckas! [Details]