Was Russell Brand’s Sex Addiction to Blame for His Divorce From Katy Perry?
Rucuss staffJanuary 5, 2012
Russell Brand doesn’t hide his past.
Brand’s past is filled with drugs, alcohol and plenty of women. But the comedian did his best to convince the world that he was a different man while married to Katy Perry. But maybe he didn’t try hard enough.
According to Hollywood Life via Us Weekly, Brand’s sex addiction was the reason for the split.
“Katy was kinky enough during their first times together and he was very attracted to her.” a insider told Us Weekly. “When things got bad, if they got a roll in the hay, they were always better after.”
But Russell’s sexual fetishes may have been too much for Perry to keep up with. Brand allegedly had a closet full of sex toys.
“He likes dirty things,” a source told Us Weekly. “He really gets off on one particular porno with a guy in a wheelchair. He’s attracted to things he can’t imagine happening to him.”
However, while Brand’s sexual appetite may have been too much for the pop star, Perry’s hard-partying ways and hectic schedule may have also contributed to the relationship’s demise.
“She had so many things going on this year and there were so many times he wasn’t there,” another source told Us Weekly. “He told her she wasn’t funny [when she hosted ‘SNL’] and he was totally uninterested [when he sat front row at her last concert]. He seemed annoyed he was there. I don’t think he sat through one whole song.”
Moving vans were spotted at the couple’s L.A. home on Wednesday. The couple decided to end their marriage on Dec. 30 after 14 months.
More from Rucuss
- Katy Perry Covers Vogue, Talks John Mayer & Failed Marriage to Russell Brand [Details]
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Katy Perry Divorce: Russell Brand Files on Behalf of Both For Family’s Sake
- Katy Perry on Rihanna Friendship “My Days Of Celebrity Saving Are Over” [Details]
- Katy Perry Doesn’t Approve of Rihanna and Chris Brown Relationship [Details]