Wale Kicked Off American Airlines Plane Over Mobile Phone [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 25, 2013
Wale may have one of the top-selling albums in the country, but that doesn’t matter when it comes to rules of the skies.
The Washington D.C. rapper was kicked off a American Airlines flight to New York because he left his cell phone on. But Wale claims his mobile phone was off at the time and said he was having a “civil conversation” with the pilot about the incident – until the police arrived Tuesday night.
This according to a blow-by-blow of the incident Wale outlined on Twitter. Check it out below.
A rep for American Airlines told the Washington Post said a flight from Atlanta to LaGuardia was diverted to Raleigh-Durham that night because of two disruptive passengers. Wale indicated that two passengers other than himself also got in trouble with his flight crew.
Wale did not end up detained since subsequent texts suggest he was busy making alternate plans the same night. He tweeted, “Where the party at in Raleigh tonight?”
Wale, who album The Gifted debuted No.1, was headed overseas, due to perform in Oslo Thursday night.
More from Rucuss
- Wale Confronts Twitter Troll at WWE Event In D.C. [Video]
- Wale Threatens Complex After ‘The Gifted’ Was Left Off ’50 Best Albums’ List
- Wale Talks About Threatening ‘Complex,’ Magazine Responds
- Wale Blasts Jennifer Hudson’s Fiance David Otunga Over Twitter Comment! [Details]
- Meek Mill Didn’t Like What Wale Said About His Drake Beef, Calls Him A Hoe
- Wale Visits Family in Nigeria For the First time [Photos/Video]