Vogue Editor Posts Instagram Photo of Homeless Person Reading Vogue
Rucuss staffMarch 9, 2015
Vogue style editor-at-large probably should have thought twice before she posted a photo of a homeless person in Paris.
On Saturday, Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis posted a photo to Instagram of a homeless person reading a copy of Vogue with the caption, “Paris is full of surprises…and @voguemagazine readers even in unexpected corners!”
After receiving some backlash from the photo, the Vogue editor deleted the image. But not before someone screenshot it and posted it.
Fashionista, which first reported on the photo, called it the latest example showing how “disturbingly out of touch” she is.
“… The things she writes, both in Vogue and on social media, often straddle the line between entertaining/aspirational and disturbingly out of touch. On Saturday she crossed that line,” the article said. Many commenters agreed.
In response, von Thurn und Taxis posted the comment: “Why cruel? The person to me is as dignified as anyone else!” von Thurn und Taxis is a member of German royalty has been with the magazine since 2012. Do you think the photo crossed the line?
Photos via Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Style Basics: The Little Black Dress
- Chris Brown Goes Off On Karrueche Over Soulja Boy Comments
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- 16 Statement Necklaces You Can Wear Into Spring [Photos]
- Pregnant Kim Kardashian Shows Off Thong in See-Through Dress! [Photos]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cover Vogue Magazine