Viewers Make Fun of Lifetime’s Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B Movie [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 16, 2014
Lifetime aired its controversial biopic on late R&B singer Aaliyah over the weekend.
Viewers had mixed reviews after watching Lifetime’s Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B on Saturday night. While some gave credit to lead actress Alexandra Shipp for her portrayal of the late singer, many believed the movie should have never been made.
Mostly, because producers could not use Aaliyah’s music, nor did they get approval from her family. The casting director also appeared to have left their glasses at home when they cast for the movie.
Lifetime did a poor job capturing R. Kelly, Missy Elliot and Timbaland in the movie. The Wendy Williams produced movie did a poor job finding actors that could portray the celebrities better.
Viewers went on social media to bash the movie, Williams and Lifetime. Check out some of the funniest memes about the cast below.
Photos via Instagram and Twitter
More from Rucuss
- Aaliyah’s Family Wants to Stop Lifetime Biopic [Details]
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Aaliyah and Drake Collaboration ‘Enough Said’ [Audio]
- Larsa Pippen Spotted Hanging At Future’s Miami Mansion [Details]
- Chris Brown Goes Off On Karrueche Over Soulja Boy Comments