Usher to Play Sugar Ray Leonard in Boxing Movie
Rucuss staffMarch 23, 2012
Usher is the middle of an ugly custody battle with ex-wife Tameka Raymond.
But that hasn’t stopped the singer from moving forward with his career. Usher has signed on to play Sugar Ray Leonard in boxing film Hands of Stone. The BBC reports Usher confirmed the casting in an interview. He wanted people to know if they see him running around London, it’s part of his training for the role.
“I’m in preparation for a very incredible role,” Usher told the BBC. “If you see me in the corners boxing, I’m doing that while working on this album.”
Filming will begin later this year. Usher will star opposite Robert De Niro and Gael García Bernal in the movie, which tells the story of Panamanian boxer Roberto Durán.
Usher is also scheduled to release his seventh studio album later this year.
More from Rucuss
- Eminem Boxing Film “Southpaw” Picked Up by MGM Films
- Diddy Confirms Retirement After ‘No Way Out 2’
- Robert De Niro Confronts Jay Z at Party, Jigga Tries to Joke His Way Out Of It! [Details]
- Jay-Z & Rihanna Perform Together at Hackney Event, Beyonce Cheers Them On in Crowd [Photos/Video]
- Rihanna Half-Naked & Partying on Streets of Barbados For Carnival [Photos]
- ‘Steel Magnolias’ Remake In the Works With All-Black Cast