Tyga Says Young Money Is Holding Him Hostage, Nicki Minaj UnFollows Him
Rucuss staffOctober 12, 2014
Tyga is not happy with his label.
The Rack City rapper became so frustrated with Young Money that he put the label on blast. Tyga posted on Twitter that The Golden Album: 18th Dynasty is finished, but it may not see a release anytime soon because Young Money is “holding [him] hostage.”
Blac Chyna’s baby daddy then threatened to leak the project, which was slated for a November 18 release. When one fan asked Tyga if he was still with Young Money, he responded, “not for long.”
It didn’t take long for Young Money president Mack Maine to respond. He credited the label for building Tyga’s career.
Tyga has blasted YMCMB in the past. In a 2013 interview with The Breakfast Club, he revealed that he has never received a royalty check.
“I never got a check from Young Money or Cash Money,” he said. “I’ve always treated my career as independent and everything that I’ve got is because of myself, my own endorsements.”
Other artists have also voiced their frustrations with the label. Busta Rhymes left Cash Money earlier this year due to creative differences and Mystikal wants out of his contract.
More from Rucuss
- Tyga Says He Never Got a Check From YMCMB Records! [Video]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]
- Tyga Says Drake is ‘Fake,’ Doesn’t Get Along with Nicki Minaj [Details]
- Tyga Denies Dating Kyle Jenner, Talks Drake & Cash Money
- Kylie Jenner, Tyga Reportedly Fighting Over Money [Details]