Tyga Says He Never Got a Check From YMCMB Records! [Video]
Rucuss staffApril 15, 2013
Tyga is making his rounds promoting his new album, Hotel California.
In an interview with Power 105’s The Breakfast Club, Tyga talked about his new album and even revealed he doesn’t make money from his record deal with Young Money/Cash Money records. In fact, aside from an advance, Tyga claims he’s never received a check from YMCMB.
“I never got a check from Young Money/Cash Money,” Tyga said. “But by me saying that, I’ve always treated my career like independent and everything that I got is because of myself, my own endorsements, me touring, myself. I think I got a signing bonus when I first signed but that was it.”
Tyga continues, “At a certain time, you get your money but at the same time, they pay for your videos and all that other stuff. But I never really was dependent on the label like that. I felt if I wanted to be independent, I could do that because it would be no difference. I would still tour, put out albums and still sell out shows.
Watch Tyga’s interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Tyga Says He Has a Real Gangsta Relationship With Blac Chyna [Video]
- Tyga Denies Dating Kyle Jenner, Talks Drake & Cash Money
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Blac Chyna and Tyga Celebrate Son’s First Birthday Disney Style [Photos]
- Blac Chyna Denies Being Abused By Tyga [Details]
- Blac Chyna Says She Never Cheated, Calls Tyga a ‘F*ck N*gga’ [Details]