Tyga Issued Arrest Warrant for Not Showing Up to Court [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 10, 2016
A judge issued an $10,000 bench warrant for the arrest of Tyga.
The warrant comes after Tyga was a no-show at a Santa Monica courtroom, where he was due to appear Tuesday morning to account for his finances. A former landlord claims the rapper owes him $480,000. The no-show caused the judge to issue a bench warrant, which could result in jail, TMZ reports.
Tyga, whose real name is Michael Ray Stevenson, failed to pay a $480,000 judgement against him for damage at a Malibu home he had rented in 2011. According to court documents, Tyga missed a $16,000 monthly payment and broke the lease.
Tyga refused to pay the judgement, claiming poverty. But the reason may not hold up because he recently purchased a $200,000 Maybach for his girlfriend Kylie Jenner’s 19th birthday.The landlord believes the purchase is “a fraudulent transfer of assets that should go to satisfy the judgement.” The plaintiff’s attorney said he wants Jenner to appear for questioning to see where that money came from.
Tyga now lives in another mansion in Bel-Air, which he is reportedly renting for $46,000 a month.
More from Rucuss
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]
- Tyga Says He Never Got a Check From YMCMB Records! [Video]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Tyga’s Ferrari Repossessed While Shopping For A Bentley
- Tyga Reportedly Facing Another Eviction [Details]
- Blac Chyna Is Not Over Tyga, Threatens Kylie Jenner?! [Details]