33 Students Suspended For Twerk Video, Banned From Prom, Graduation! [Video]
Rucuss staffMay 2, 2013
Thirty-three students were suspended and banned from prom and graduation because of a video showing them twerking.
The video was created by students in a media class at Scripps Ranch High School during school hours in the San Diego area. It shows teenaged girls popping their butts while doing handstands to a YG song. One student used school property to videotape and edit music, which they later posted on YouTube.
One of the suspended students tweeted, “Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation all because of an awesome twerk video. I don’t understand.”
NBC 7 San Diego reports that the suspended students, who are out for a week, may get a chance to participate in prom and graduation if they get approval in front of a panel. Students signed a student handbook at the beginning of the year that outlines its sexual harassment policy prohibiting “verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature made by someone from or in the educational setting.”
Watch the video below.
More from Rucuss
- Mother Publicly Shames 11-Year-Old Daughter For Twerking! [Video]
- Comedy Break: Black Women Twerking in Front Of Confused White People [Video]
- Jimmy Kimmel Admits That Girl Catches Fire Twerking Video Was Set Up By His Show! [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Twerks in a Unicorn Onesie! [Video]
- ABC Reports Scientific Breakdown Of Twerking, Black Twitter Reacts!
- Miley Cyrus Fiance Liam Hemsworth ‘Mortified’ By VMAs Performance, Her Father Cancels Piers Morgan Interview [Details]