Tupac’s Vintage Hummer Auctioned For More Than 300,000
Rucuss staffMay 26, 2016
There are some diehard Tupac Shakur fans out there.
And one of them proved just how loyal they are to Tupac. One lucky person shelled out some major cash for Tupac’s vintage Hummer H1. The hefty price tag was $337,114, CNN reports. The buyer is from the Midwest who wishes to remain anonymous, according to RR Auction.
Shakur’s old ride was purchased just a mere three months before he was killed 20 years ago. He was tragically shot on September 7, 1996, and died three days later at 25 years-old. After Tupac’s death, his late mother, Afeni Shakur, has owned the Hummer and several other owners.
Tupac customized the truck with off-road lights, diamond plate bumpers, 360-degree spotlight and a grille guard along with an external PA system coupled with three sirens. It was also equipped with an automatic transmission and a 6.5 liter turbo diesel V8 engine. The inside of the truck is draped in beige leather with trimmings of burl wood.
“It’s an incredible piece of hip-hop history that evokes the invincible spirit of one of rap’s true lyrical giants,” Executive Vice President of RR Auction, Robert Livingston said. “We are thrilled at the price achieved and with the continued success of our specialty themed auctions.”
Check out a few photos of the hummer below.
More from Rucuss
- Tupac Shakur Rare Memorabilia Up for Auction [Details]
- Tupac Biopic Headed to the Big Screen [Details]
- ALERT: 2Pac Sighting in New York! [Video]
- Tupac Look-Alike Steals Show At Boston Celtics Game [Video]
- James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond Sentenced To Life In Prison [Details]
- Jimmy Henchman Rosemond Indicted For Murder, Confesses To Planning 1994 Tupac Shooting