Tupac Biopic Headed to the Big Screen [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 20, 2013
A biopic of the late Tupac Shakur is finally ready to go into production.
Seventeen years after his death, the legendary rapper will be resurrected on the big screen. Filming will begin in February 2014 in Atlanta, GA, with a projected budget set at $45 million. Morgan Creek Productions and Emmett Furla Films are in final negotiations to partner on the film entitled Tupac, Deadline reports.
The film centers around the life of Tupac, who was shot and killed in Las Vegas in 1996 at the age of 25. Tupac’s mother, Afeni Shakur, has signed on as executive producer.
Tupac will be produced by James G. Robinson, David Robinson, and LT Hutton along with Randall Emmett and George Furla. The movie will have the rights to use Tupac’s musical catalog.
Tupac was previously portrayed on film by Anthony Mackie in Notorious, the 2009 movie about the Notorious B.I.G.
More from Rucuss
- Tupac Shakur Rare Memorabilia Up for Auction [Details]
- Tupac’s Vintage Hummer Auctioned For More Than 300,000
- Tupac Look-Alike Steals Show At Boston Celtics Game [Video]
- Snoop Dogg Resurrects Tupac Via Hologram, Both Perform Live at Coachella! [Video]
- Jimmy Henchman Rosemond Indicted For Murder, Confesses To Planning 1994 Tupac Shooting
- James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond Sentenced To Life In Prison [Details]