Trey Songz Sentenced to 18 Months Probation [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 20, 2017
Trey Songz will not have to spend anytime behind bars.
Songz plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges of disturbing the peace in the wake of a “The Big Show at the Joe”performance at Joe Louis Arena in December. He was also charged with aggravated assault, and obstructing a police officer.
TMZ reports that as part of his plea deal, Songz’ other charges were dropped. He will now face 18 months of probation, including anger management classes, mandatory drug tests, and a fine for an undisclosed amount.
According to past reports regarding the incident, Trey could have faced up to four years in prison for allegedly assaulting a police officer during the incident that reportedly took place after he was cut off from performing.
Songz told “The Breakfast Club, “There’s so many layers to that. What people don’t understand is that the people who cut my music off have actually been working for me for seven-eight years, on tour with me, we got personal relationships. And they started my show three minutes late and ended it five minutes early. So, people don’t understand that.”
Songz added, “I definitely felt disrespected, mostly because these people, literally, every tour you’ve seen me on, have been working for me. There was fraudulent claims about me doing this and that backstage. I don’t ever speak on it too much, what negativity gets thrown in the air because it will settle itself.”
More from my site
- Trey Songz Talks About Arrest, Keke Palmer & Reality Show On ‘The Breakfast Club’
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Trey Songz Arrested for Assaulting Woman with Money [Details]
- August Alsina Says He Can’t Deal With Trey Songz Ego [Details]
- Trey Songz Talks August Alsina, Chris Brown, & Love on ‘The Breakfast Club’ [Video]
- Trey Songz and Lauren London Spotted at Knicks Game [Photos]