Transgender Boy Named Homecoming Queen [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 24, 2013
A California transgender boy was elected homecoming queen.
Cassidy Lynn Campbell was named homecoming queen at her California high school. She is the first transgender student in the school’s history to be name homecoming queen. Campbell beat out five other finalists for the title.
After winning the most votes, Campbell tearfully accepted her crown on the football field of Marina High School. Cassidy, who was born Lance Campbell, hopes his new title will influence other troubled teens who suffer from Gender Identity Disorder (GID).
“I wasn’t doing this for me,” Campbell told ABC News. “I was doing this for so many others around the nation.”
Campbell added: “They think I’m just a boy doing this for fun … just a boy dressing up as a girl and trying to win a crown when that is completely the opposite of what it is. I’ve always seen myself as a girl.”
Campbell, who dress as a girl everyday for school, has a series of YouTube videos tracking his transformation from boy to girl.
Photos via SandraRose.com, OnlineAthens and Towleroad.com
More from Rucuss
- Snoop Dogg’s Son Cordell Suspended After Hitting Player From Opposing Team [Details]
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Real Housewives of Atlanta: Is Kenya Moore’s Ex-Boyfriend Walter Jackson Gay?
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- 335-Pound High School Football Player Also Cheers During Halftime! [Video]
- DJ Mister Cee Admits Getting Fellatio From Men, Doesn’t Consider Himself Gay [Audio]