Toni Braxton Says Oprah Damaged Her Reputation! [Video]
Rucuss staffOctober 29, 2012
Toni Braxton is not a fan of Oprah Winfrey.
Braxton reveals in an episode of VH1’s Behind the Music that Oprah wasn’t very nice to her during an 1998 interview about her financial problems. The oldest Braxton sister claims Winfrey severely damaged her reputation after the talk show host made some choice remarks about her over-spending which led Braxton to declare bankruptcy.
“She was so frickin’ mean to me. I was in shock. I couldn’t believe it ‘cause I loved her so much. I admired her and looked up to her and she pretty much reprimanded me.
“She said, ‘I hear you have Gucci flatware; I’m Oprah Winfrey and I don’t have Gucci flatware…’ You didn’t have Gucci flatware because you didn’t wanna buy it; it’s not because you couldn’t afford it.”
“And immediately she made me feel this big. That moment completely changed my career. It made people look down on me. I was in shock.”
Braxton’s Behind the Music episode airs tonight on VH1. Check the excerpt about Oprah below.
More from Rucuss
- Toni Braxton Loses Second Home to Foreclosure [Details]
- Rihanna to Oprah: ‘I Still Love Chris Brown’ [Video]
- OWN Scores Big Ratings With Rihanna Interview
- Oprah Says She’s Not Surprised About Rihanna and Chris Brown [Video]
- Toni Braxton Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During Concert! [Photos/Video]
- Lance Armstrong’s Oprah Interview Scores Big Ratings [Details]