Three 6 Mafia’s Lord Infamous Dead At 40
Rucuss staffDecember 22, 2013
Founding member of Three 6 Mafia Lord Infamous died from a heart attack on Friday.
Lord Infamous, who was born Ricky Dunigan, passed away at the age of 40. He died during a visit to his mother’s home in Memphis.
“He passed away in his sleep from a heart attack,” his half-brother, Three 6 Mafia member DJ Paul, told The Hollywood Reporter. “He said he was tired, he wanted to sleep. He sat down at the kitchen table, put his head in his arms to lay down … to get some sleep.”
His mother left the house for several hours and found him dead when she returned. Paul was informed of his death by Infamous’ mother and girlfriend.
“He’ll be remembered as a legend, everybody knew him as a legend, an icon,” said DJ Paul. “This year was going to make our twenty-fourth year in rapping together. His music, our music that we made together, was truly before its time.”
His fellow Three 6 Mafia members sent their condolences. “R.I.P. lord Infamous,” tweeted Juicy J, while Gangsta Boo added, “Rest in Peace Lord Infamous please respect the family and dear friends during this tragedy. I will never forget the shows we rocked together. My heart is in pieces.”
Five members of the group, excluding Juicy J, reunited under the name Da Mafia 6ix and released the mixtape 6ix Commandments in November and were preparing a new album in 2014.
More from Rucuss
- Drake Talks Strip Clubs, Michael Jackson, Bow Wow & More
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Sage the Gemini Begs Jordin Sparks to Take Him Back [Details]
- Prince’s Cause Of Death Remains Unknown, No Sign Of Trauma Or Suicide
- Dead Body Found At Rick Ross’ Home! [Details]
- New Music: Trey Songz ‘Bandz a Make Her Dance (Trigga Mix)’ [Audio]