The World’s Most Expensive Hot Dog is Soaked in $2,000 Cognac
Rucuss staffFebruary 2, 2012
Hot Dogs are one of the main stays of low cost meals, especially if you have children to feed.
But a Vancouver hot dog vendor by the name of Dougie Luv has taken the dog to the next level. DougieDog restaurant is selling the world’s most expensive hot dog for $100. Yes, you read that correctly, $100! It’s so expensive because the foot long dog’s pork bratwurst is soaked in cognac that’s worth $2,000 a bottle.
The pork bratwurst is infused with Rémy Martin Louis XIII Cognac. It’s also sautéed in olive and truffle oil. It’s placed on a sourdough sweetbread bun and topped with Kobe beef, fresh lobster, tomatoes, truffles, aoli and spicy hot sauce.
Dougie Luv told Huffington Post that he wanted to create something “tasty and high-end” but still stay in the tradition of what a hot dog truly is. The Dragon dog is so high end that you must give 12 hours notice to staff so that they can have fresh lobster on hand.
The world’s expensive hot dog debuted on Jan. 25.
More from Rucuss
- Louis Vuitton Selling Condoms For $68! [Photos]
- Beanie Sigel Goes Off on Charlamagne Tha God Over Meek Mill Diss [Details]
- Shia LaBeouf Disses Drake, Lil Yachty & Peter Rosenberg in ‘Breakfast Club’ Freestyle
- Couple Alert: Is Colin Kaepernick Dating Sanaa Lathan?! [Photo]
- NBA Fashion: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash Carry Man Purses [Photos]
- Drake Says He’s A Fan of Skylar Diggins, Criticism Is Sexist [Details]