The Sixers Honors Kobe Bryant With Tribute Before His Final Game In Philly
Rucuss staffDecember 2, 2015
Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant’s farewell tour has officially begun.
Bryant, who was born in Philadelphia and played at nearby Lower Merion High School, was bombarded with praise by his opponent prior to Tuesday’s game at Wells Fargo Center. Not only did the Sixers put together an emotional video entitled “Dear Kobe,” but Philly legend Julius Erving and Gregg Downer, Bryant’s high school coach, presented him with a Lower Merion jersey, too.
If every team in the NBA rolls out the welcome mat for the five-time champion’s final appearance like the 76ers, its going to be an emotional one for Bryant.
The Laker star announced recently this will be his final season in the NBA. Watch the tribute below.
More from Rucuss
- Kobe Bryant Sets NBA Auction Record With Sale Of His 2016 All-Star Jersey
- Durant, Barnes, Wall & Ariza Weigh In On Who Wins a 1-on-1 Game Between Kobe & LeBron [Video]
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out ESPN Magazine For Retouched Cover [Photos]
- Italian Club Offers Kobe Bryant $600,000 a Game
- Usher, Wiz Khalifa and More Honor Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant, Vanessa And Kids Wear Lakers Colors For Family Christmas Card [Photos]