The Most Expensive Shoes in the World! [Photos]
Rucuss staffJanuary 10, 2012
When you look so good in your shoes that you don’t want to take them off because you know being sexy or stylish sometimes hurts is plain shoe-icide. But women and men endure the pain all the time. Its a billion dollar industry and the amount continues to rise each year because of the huge price tags for some high-end shoes.
Lucky magazine has put together a list of the most expensive shoes in the world. But before we get to the list we have to show you the most expensive pair of shoes, because these heels are in a league of its own.
The world’s most expensive shoe is an original pair designed by Monsieur Vivier in 1962 for Princess Soraya of Iran who was married to the late Shah of Iran.
RogerVivier, who owns a French luxury accessory house, bought these heels at an auction for $26,629.06.
Now, check out Lucky’s top 10 list below:
1. Christian Louboutin croc simple pump, $4,645, barneys.com. Topping the price index are these surprisingly demure Christian Louboutin heels. You can bet all $4,465 that’s genuine alligator skin.
2. Gucci Woven leather boots, $3,750, net-a-porter.com. You probably never knew you needed a pair of hand-woven leather stilletto boots. Now you do.
3. Gianmarco Lorenzi satin heel sandal, $3348, farfetch.com. Slip into these crystal-studded platforms for a debaucherous night of fun.
4. Tabitha Simmons chandelier sandals, $2,190, tabithasimmons.com. A worthy option for budget-less brides.
5. Balmain suede & patent embossed boots, $2,725, luisaviaroma.com. Um, they look like David Bowie and Elvis Presley co-designed them. And that is kind of amazing.
6. Christian Louboutin Maralena flame sandal, $2,445, bergdorfgoodman.com. Total music video shoes: just add leather shorts and flame red hair.
7. Gucci ‘Sofia’ crystal embellished platform pump, $2,295, nordstrom.com. Time to retire your black kitten heels.
8. Rick Owens thigh high wedges, $2,073.60, forwardforward.com. The slightly inclined wedge makes these fairly easy to walk in and (bonus!) the high leg is super warm for winter.
9. Jimmy Choo Marlene feather and suede sandals, $1,995, net-a-porter.com. Flamboyant turquoise feathers are like facinators for your feet.
10. Giuseppe Zanotti crystal bootie, $1,835, barneys.com. Satin and crystals amp the value of basic ankle booties.
More from Rucuss
- Emily B Once Spent $5,000 On A Pair of Shoes, Shows Off Closet
- Shoe-icide: Christian Louboutin Spring/Summer/Resort 2013 [Photos]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- Alexander McQueen Spring 2013 Shoes & Handbags [Photos]
- Splurge on the Look: Chrissy Lampkin’s Christian Louboutin Puck Pony Booties and Valentino Antelope Large Rockstud Tote
- Kim Kardashian Rocks Versace Black Studded Leather Trench Coat [Photos]