Terrell Owens Cut From Seattle Seahawks Roster
Rucuss staffAugust 26, 2012
Terrell Owens is out of a job again.
Owens said on Twitter that he had been cut by the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. The 38-year old wide receiver got the boot after a lackluster preseason. The Seahawks decided 29-year old Braylon Edwards would be a better fit for the team. NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 90 to 75 players by 4 p.m. ET on Monday.
Owens tweeted,”I’m no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I’m truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver.”
Owens caught only two passes the entire preseason. He caught a 40-yard catch and a 1-yard reception in Friday night’s 44-14 victory against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Owens made the highlight reel for dropped passes instead of catches. Owens dropped a 46-yard pass against Denver on a perfect throw and failed to catch five more targets. He missed another perfect pass against Kansas City.
This comes as a huge blow to Owens who hadn’t played with a NFL team since 2010. He sat out the entire 2011 season following surgery on his left knee and failed to receive any offers.
Owens has 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns, which is the second most in NFL history.
More from Rucuss
- NFL Player Marshawn Lynch Parks His Lamborghini With Velvet Ropes Around It
- Terrell Owens Says He’s Broke, But Is Making a Fortune By Tweeting
- Terrell Owens’ Wife Rachel Snider Hospitalized After Suicide Attempt
- Terio, DeSean Jackson Killin‘Em At Super Bowl Media Day [Video]
- Floyd Mayweather Did Not Lose $10.4 Million On The Broncos
- Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure On Two of His Dallas Homes [Details]