Teacher Sends Note Home To Parents That Says Their Kids Stink! [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 26, 2013
A New York preschool teacher was fed up with some of her students hygiene, so she decided to take matters into her own hands.
The unidentified teacher who works at Build Academy in Buffalo sent home an ‘urgent’ note that basically said their kids were wearing dirty clothes and smelling bad. In the note, the teacher asked parents to take action over the “soiled, stained” clothes she alleges they send their children to school in, Buffalonews.com reports.
The teacher also noted that it made the three and four-year olds appear “unclean” and it gave off “unpleasant” smells. A photocopy of her handwritten note headed “URGENT NOTICE!!! Please Read,” asked parents to sign it as an indication they had read it.
Upset parents believe the teacher should have handled the situation better. She should have dealt with the specific students individually rather than in the entire class. The furious parents wanted her to show compassion in a community where almost 30 percent of the population live below the poverty line.
The teacher’s note was sent without the school principal’s permission. Board members discussed the incident in a closed session during a committee meeting and were unanimous in their agreement that the teacher handled the matter poorly and said she should face more than a minor verbal reprimand.
Photos via Buffalonews.com
More from Rucuss
- Ohio Teacher Suspended After Racist Facebook Rant About Halloween [Details]
- Florida School Threatens To Expel Student Bullied Over Natural Hair! [Details]
- 10-Year-Old Steals Parents’ Car And Crashes It, Tells Cops He’s a Dwarf
- Meek Mill Denies Involvement in Nicki Minaj Robbery
- Black Gay Dads Post Photos of Daughters, Get Bashed With Hate On Social Media
- Bobbi Kristina Makes Acting Debut on For Better or Worse [Video]