Target Releases First Same-Sex Wedding Registry Ad
Peaches GrantJuly 30, 2012
Target released its first gay wedding registry ad, featuring two males holding hands in pre- matrimonial bliss with the slogan: “Be Yourself.”
The ad comes on the heels of its announcement not to stock openly gay artist Frank Ocean’s new album Channel Orange. The singer came out just days before his album was released. Many believed Target did not stock it because he was gay, which the company denied.
Target said it did not stock the album because iTunes had a one-week exclusive sale before the release, which is against the company’s policy. That incident was just one of a few other alleged situations that involved Target’s stance on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
Target continues to be a major sponsor for the Pride festivities in Minneapolis. Check out the ad below.
More from Rucuss
- Frank Ocean Comes Out, Says He Doesn’t Have Any Secrets To Keep Anymore
- Frank Ocean Says Chris Brown Threatened to Shoot Him! [Details]
- Kanye West Announces ‘Pablo’ Pop-Up Shop [Details]
- Fantasia Barrino Anti-Gay Instagram Rant, Rep Says Taken Out of Context [Details]
- Kandi Burress Responds to Gay Rumors About Her Boyfriend Todd [Details]
- Frank Ocean Disses Chris Brown With Domestic Violence Shirt! [Photo]