Target Pulls Greeting Card That Mocks Whitney Houston [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 29, 2012
An offensive greeting card that mocks the late Whitney Houston has been pulled from the shelves of Target stores.
The card pokes fun at Houston’s 15-year relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown. It was sold in Target stores prior to Houston’s death on Feb. 11. But it quickly came under fire by Houston’s fans when she suddenly died. The card could be seen between the Happy Birthdays and Best Wishes.
The greeting card reads, “Next time you think of dating the bad boy….consider Whitney Houston. That’s all I’m going to say.”
A Target rep told TMZ, “The card was in our stores prior to Ms. Houston’s death. As soon as this was brought to our attention, we began the process of removing the card from all applicable stores.”
More from Rucuss
- Bobbi Kristina, Patricia Houston & Gary Houston Talk to Oprah About Whitney’s Death [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina & Nick Gordon Celebrate Whitney Houston’s Birthday With Tattoos [Photos]
- Cissy Houston’s First Interview Since Whitney Houston’s Death [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina’s Boyfriend Nick Gordon Refuses to Speak to Bobby Brown [Video]
- Cissy Houston Says She Will Fight ‘To The Grave’ To Protect Bobbi Kristina’s Money From Bobby Brown
- Nick Gordon Slams Houston Family, Has Scuffle With Whitney’s Nephew