Taraji P. Henson Makes Son Sit Out First Semester Of College [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 20, 2012
Actress Taraji P. Henson doesn’t want her 18-year old son to become a spoiled brat.
So Henson decided to take matters into her own hands. The Baby Boy star told Jimmy Fallon during an interview on his talk show that her son Marcell was accepted into college, but was not attending. Henson kept him out a semester so that he could experience what its like in the real world. She made Marcell get a job.
Henson told Fallon:
“Even though he is privileged, he doesn’t remember the bad times when we were eating Hamburger Helper and peanut butter and jelly. He remembers all the good times. I don’t want to raise this privileged kid, whose out of touch, so I made him sit out the first semester and he has to get a job. He called his grandmother, he was like, ‘It’s hard out here, it’s hard to find a job.’ So I was like, ‘Yeah, I need you to know that.
I need him to see how real it is out here. It builds character. I told him, ‘College is like an investment. I’m investing my money in your future, and if I feel like you’re a bad investment, I’m taking my money back.”
Watch the interview below.
Photo via Zimbio
More from Rucuss
- President Obama Slow Jams The News With Jimmy Fallon [Video]
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes For Accusing Police of Racially Profiling Her Son
- Jimmy Henchman Rosemond Indicted For Murder, Confesses To Planning 1994 Tupac Shooting
- Kanye West Disses Ray J During Performance On Jimmy Fallon [Video]
- Jimmy Fallon to Replace Jay Leno in 2014! [Details]
- Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel’s Wedding Photo Revealed, Bride Wears Pink! [Photo]