Tameka Foster Loses Custody Battle in Emergency Hearing, Gets Hug From Usher [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 9, 2013
Usher Raymond and his ex-wife Tameka Foster were back in court Friday for an emergency custody hearing following their 5-year-old son Cinco’s near drowning accident.
After testimony by both parents and Usher’s Aunt Rena who was caring for their sons at the time of the accident, the judge ruled in favor of Usher. Foster lost her attempt to gain primary custody of her two sons with Usher. She claims Usher is not an attentive father.
But despite the riff between the two, Usher came over and gave Foster a hug in the courtroom.
During questioning, Foster sobbed while talking about her son Usher Raymond V’s accident. She said she didn’t know if her child suffered permanent brain or heart damage. Foster also testified that she was told Cinco was under water for 30 seconds but believes he was actually under water for 3 minutes.
Usher’s lawyer said Foster is guilty of an “abuse of process” by exploiting her son’s pool accident for publicity in order to garner sympathy for her case. His lawyer said Aunt Rena is a “very attentive and wonderful person” who has helped take care of their children since they were born.
Tameka testified that the 911 tape of Aunt Rena reporting the accident proves she has no control over the kids. But despite Raymon’s characterization, Usher’s lawyer said Aunt Rena is a “hero.” And Usher is a “wonderful, responsible, and caring parent.”
Aunt Rena testified that she cared for Usher’s kids for years and Foster never had a problem with it until now.
Photos via Necole Bitchie, TMZ and
More from Rucuss
- Tameka Raymond Ain’t Thinking About Usher, Shows Off New Man! [Photos]
- Usher’s Oldest Son Hospitalized After Almost Drowning in Pool! [Details]
- Usher’s Stepson Declared Brain Dead After Jet Ski Accident [Details]
- Tameka Raymond Denies Mental Disorder, Wants More Time With Kids [Video]
- Tameka Raymond Thanks Fans For Support, Speaks on Custody Battle With Usher
- Tameka Foster Says Usher Is On Drugs, Pop Star Refuses Drug Test