Tamar Braxton Says She Doesn’t Bleach Her Skin, She Has Vitiligo [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 8, 2012
Reality star Tamar Braxton has received quite a bit of flack for the color of her skin.
Many questioned if Tamar had her skin bleached because she had a darker complexion in yer younger days. The outspoken singer brushed off the allegations for years until now. Tamar addressed the rumors in a recent interview with Bossip.com.
Tamar revealed in the interview that she does not bleach her skin. She also denied that she had any work done to her face.
“I just want to know what time do I have to do that,” Tamar said. “If you really think about it, we’ve been shooting Braxton Family Values for two years and then in between that it was Tamar & Vince, and now we’re back into production with Braxton Family Values. So when did she change her face? I just think I grew up and I don’t look the same that I did when I was 19. I don’t think any of us do.”
Tamar’s husband Vince Herbert came to her defense and said she suffered from the same skin disease as Michael Jackson. The King of Pop suffered from vitiligo.
“It just sounds stupid. […] I tell her not to read because its so ignorant, its just not appropriate, its wrong and you can’t satisfy everybody. We know what goes on in our household. I would never be in a relationship with a vain person like that. Actually, Tamar has the same thing that Michael Jackson had.”
Tamar has bigger things to worry about these days. Her new single Love and War is No. 1 on iTunes only 24 hours after it was digitally released. The song’s debut coincided with the season finale of Tamar & Vince which aired last night on WE tv.
Watch Tamar and Vince’s interview here. Check out a few photos of Tamar through the years below.
Listen to Tamar’s new single Love & War below.
More from Rucuss
- Tamar Braxton Performs Her Single ‘Love & War’ on Wendy Williams [Video]
- Tamar Braxton, Vincent Herbert Put Their New $7.5 Million Mansion On Market
- Trouble in Paradise: Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert May Be Headed for Divorce?
- Tamar Braxton is Pregnant, Shows Off Her Baby Bump [Photos]
- Tamar Braxton is Allegedly Pregnant, Starts Twitter Beef With Blogger Who Leaked News [Details]
- Tamera Mowry-Housley, Tamar Braxton, Adrienne Bailon Land New Talk Show [Details]