Terrell Owens Rushed to Hospital, Cops Called Last Thursday
Rucuss staffOctober 11, 2011
NFL free agent Terrell Owens was hospitalized last week in Los Angeles for a possible prescription pill overdose, TMZ reported Monday, citing law enforcement sources.
According to TMZ, Owens was rushed to the hospital by ambulance Thursday night after a 911 call reported a possible overdose at an apartment where the football player was staying. Police also were called to the scene to investigate and spoke with Owens at the hospital.
Owens, 37, has since been released. T.O. has not responded to calls from TMZ.
While a member of the Dallas Cowboys in 2006, Owens was hospitalized after overdosing on the pain killer hydrocodone. The NFL star later denied reports that he was battling depression and that the incident had been an attempted suicide.
Owens, who is still recovering from surgery on a torn anterior cruciate ligament, recently said it was only “a matter of time” before he returns to the football field.
Check out the video from his 2006 press conference.
Like us on FACEBOOK or Twitter Follow @makeaRUCUSS
More from Rucuss
- [Audio] Terrell Owens Assistant’s 911 Call, Says TO May Have Attempted Suicide
- Terrell Owens Close to Signing With Indoor Football League
- Bench Warrant Issued for Terrell Owens
- Terrell Owens Marries Girlfriend Rachel Snider [Details]
- Terrell Owens’ Wife Rachel Snider Hospitalized After Suicide Attempt
- Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure On Two of His Dallas Homes [Details]