Strike! Love & Hip Hop New York Cast Bring Production to a Halt Over Money [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 23, 2013
The Love & Hip Hop New York cast has banned together in an effort to get more money.
The popular drama-filled reality show on VH1 has been a ratings winner since it began airing three seasons ago, and now the cast wants to reap some of the benefits. According the TMZ, half of the cast refused to show up in New York on Tuesday (May 21) to shoot a trailer for the new season.
The group allegedly were a no-show because they want to renegotiate their contracts for more money. But some of the cast did show up but eventually left the set as well, after finding out the reason for the absences of their fellow cast members. Now everyone wants pay increases.
A source told TMZ most of the Love & Hip Hop New York cast are asking for double of what they made last season. They also want more control of how the show is edited, due to dissatisfaction about how they were portrayed during season 3. The cast hopes to reach an agreement with VH1 by the end of this week.
Photos via HotSpotAtl.com and UrbanDaily
More from Rucuss
- Love & Hip Hop’s Yandy Smith & Mendeecees Assistant’s Feud Continues Online
- Fling Alert: Chad Johnson and Erica Mena Flirt On Twitter! [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Did Erica Mena and Rihanna Hook Up? [Details]
- Funniest Twitter Reactions To Love & Hip Hop New York Premiere
- Stripper Jhonni Blaze Goes In On Erica Mena, She Responds [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Erica Mena And Girlfriend Cyn Santana Relationship Fake?!