Stevie J’s Baby Mama Hires Attorneys to Seize His Assets [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 5, 2013
Love & Hip Hop star Stevie J is reportedly being stingy with his paychecks.
Carol Bennett, the mother of two of his kids, claims the reality star owes $1.2 million in child support. Bennett sought the help from the Custodial Support Foundation and Project Child Support to help her get the back child support, Vibe Vixen reports.
Last month, the organizations told Stevie J that if he didn’t pay up it would begin the process to seize his assets. Apparently Stevie didn’t make any arrangements to pay the money back.
Now the Custodial Support Foundation and Project Child Support have hired two attorneys that have background with child support collection procedures and the entertainment industry.
“Entertainers have the ability of using financial advisors, and managers to help them hide their income to prevent paying child support,” Kai D. Patterson, the founder of the Custodial Support Foundation, said. “Having attorneys with the experience of Ms. Rucinski and Mr. Winkler [who’ve been assigned to the case] when attempting to determine the income sources of someone like Stevie J is immeasurable.”
Bennett told TheUrbanDaily.com that she has been chasing after the producer for years to get him to pay child support.
“This has been an ongoing situation,” Bennett said. “We’ve actually been to court twice. The thing is I haven’t been the one pushing to go to court. He’s tried to go to court to not pay anything and has been denied twice. So basically, I’ve just been feeling that the system has been failing me and there’s not much I can do.”
Photos via BET.com, Bossip.com and S2Smagazine.com
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Did Stevie J Get Someone Pregnant…and It’s Not Joseline?! [Details]
- Joseline Hernandez Announces She’s Pregnant, Stevie J Responds
- Stevie J Must Appear In Court Over Child Support, May Face Jail Time [Details]
- Joseline Hernandez Says Stevie J is a Gay Drug Abuser! [Details]
- Joe Budden, Tahiry, Consequence & More Officially Join Cast Of Love & Hip-Hop [Photos]
- Joseline Hernandez Brags About Sleeping With Drake, Rick Ross, Kevin Durant & More [Details]