Stevie J Must Appear In Court Over Child Support, May Face Jail Time [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 24, 2014
Love and Hip Hop Atlanta star Stevie J may find himself behind bars for failing to pay over $1 million in back child support.
According to Radar Online, Stevie was served with a subpoena on February 13 to appear in a New York family court for unpaid child support of two of his children with ex-girlfriend Carol Bennett. He was served at the grand opening of his new club Sleazy and Zino’s Bistro and Bar.
Stevie J is accused of owing $1.28 million in back child support. Stevie must appear in court on Feb 25 and provide past and present income tax returns, employment statements, pay stubs, corporate, business, and partnership books and records or face jail time. That will of course include his new restaurant he co-owns with co-star Benzino.
Bennett’s rep said Stevie “has not taken any serious steps to satisfy his unpaid child support obligation with our client.” Though Stevie denied owing any money, stating “I do right by my kids,” according to Bennett’s rep not only hasn’t he paid, but his obligations have increased to $8,550 a month.
Photos via RollingOut.com and BET.com
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Did Stevie J Steal Furniture & Get Busted For Drug Trafficking?
- Joseline Hernandez Announces She’s Pregnant, Stevie J Responds
- Benzino & Stevie J Open Up ‘Sleazy & Zino’s Restaurant
- Say What: Did Stevie J Get Someone Pregnant…and It’s Not Joseline?! [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop’s Joseline Hernandez Says Stevie J Beats Her! [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Rashidah Ali Threatened With Jail Time