Solange Reportedly Hit Jay Z For Trying To Go To Rihanna’s Party Alone
Rucuss staffMay 14, 2014
More details have surfaced from the Solange-Jay Z altercation at the Met Ball after party.
TMZ obtained surveillance footage from the incident where Solange is seen physically hitting, kicking and spitting on Jay Z in an elevator. There was no audio so many have come up with their own conclusions of what transpired between the two to cause the rift.
A source told the New York Daily News that Solange got upset with her brother-in-law because he made plans to go to Rihanna’s Met Ball after-party without bringing Beyonce.
The tension between the two began earlier in the night, when a group of Solange’s “non-famous” friends allegedly crashed the party and started dropping Jay Z’s name.
“They were pretending they were guests of his and not hers. Management went to Julius (Beyonce’s bodyguard) and said there’s a problem,” the source said.
Shortly afterward, Jay Z apparently confronted Solange and told her “don’t use my name.”
At that point, Solange decided she wanted to leave. Jay Z decided to take off for Rihanna’s party on his own. Solange went berserk because of it.
Solange allegedly said in the elevator, “‘Why can’t you go home?’ and to Beyonce ‘Why does your husband need to go to the club right now?'”
“You’re one to talk,” Jay replied.
That’s when the punching, kicking, and purse-swinging began.
Jay, Solange and Beyonce have not commented on the altercation. The Carters continue to act as if nothing has happened by attending the Brooklyn Nets-Miami Heat game on Monday.
Jay and Solange allegedly went jewelry shopping on Tuesday.
Photos via Foxnews.com, Uadyc.com and Lovebscott.com
More from Rucuss
- Solange Cover Lucky Magazine, Talks Elevator Fight [Details]
- Solange Attacks Jay Z in Hotel Elevator [Extended Video]
- Beyoncé, Jay Z, & Solange Speak Out After Incident: ‘We’ve Put This Behind Us’
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Spoofs Jay Z & Solange Elevator Fight [Video]
- Solange Knowles And Alan Ferguson Got Married! [Photos]
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Cedric Martinez Says Lisa & Ken Had Affairs, Claims He Was Invited to SUR [Details]