Solange Launches Her Own Label ‘Saint Records’ With Sony [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 15, 2013
Solange Knowles is following in her father’s footsteps.
Beyoncé’s little sister has inked a deal with Sony Records to launch her own label, Saint Records. After dropping a remix to Looks Good With Trouble with Kendrick Lamar, Solange made the big announcement on Twitter.
“Super stoked to announce I’ve started my own label, SAINT RECORDS, where I’ll be releasing my music & other projects distributed through SONY!,” the 26-year-old said. “It is through SAINT RECORDS that I will be releasing my full length album, and also future music projects that I’m excited about sharing!”
Solange, who is managed by Roc Nation, added, “Through Saint Records I will have 100% creative/artistic control & continue to passionately pursue my footing in this new musical movement.”
In November, Solange released her seven-track EP True via Brooklyn-based indie label Terrible Records. She was previously signed to Interscope. Meanwhile, Solange continues to book modeling gigs. Check out some of her photos below from the new issue of Complex magazine.
Photos via Complex
More from Rucuss
- Mathew Knowles Hit With Second Paternity Suit [Details]
- Solange Releases New Album, ‘A Seat at the Table,’ Accused of Stealing [Details]
- Solange Knowles Straightens Hair For Night at the American Ballet Theatre [Photos]
- Solange, Christina Milian, Janelle Monae & More Attend Delta Pre-Grammy Party [Photos]
- Solange Knowles Falls Out With Former Collaborator Dev Hynes On Twitter [Details]
- Solange Says Ariana Grande Imitates Mariah Carey The Best, Twitter Reacts