Snoop Dogg Changes Name to Snoop Lion For ‘Reincarnated’ Reggae Album [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 1, 2012
Rapper Snoop Dogg was inspired by his trip to Jamaica.
So much so, Snoop has revealed plans to record a reggae album under the alias Snoop Lion. The California rapper told the press at Jamaican-themed record store and restaurant, Miss Lily’s, about his reggae alter ego and Reincarnated project, which includes an album produced by Diplo and the Major Lazer production team, documentary, photo book, and a non-profit initiative called Mind Garden.
“This called me and it put all of that to rest,” Snoop said about doing another ‘gangsta’ rap album. “Anytime the spirit calls you, you gotta know that it’s serious and it’s real. When the spirit called me, it told me to find something that was connected towards the Bob Marley spirit. Because I’ve always said that I was Bob Marley reincarnated.”
Snoop hopes the album appeals to people of all ages.
“I’ve always wanted to perform for kids and my grandmother and people around the world who really love me that can’t really accept the music that I make,” Snoop said. “This reggae music is a music of love, happiness, and struggle. Now as a 40-year-old man in the music industry and the artists call me Uncle Snoop, I gotta give them something new.”
More from Rucuss
- Eddie Murphy, Snoop ‘Lion’ Dogg Team Up on Reggae Song “Red Light” [Video]
- Kendrick Lamar Talks About Grammy Shutout [Details]
- Snoop Dogg Becomes A White Guy Named Todd [Details]
- Should Rappers Retire at the Age of 40…the Debate Continues [Video]
- Scaff Beezy Gets Nicki Minaj Tattoo On His Arm [Video]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’