Single Ladies Star D.B. Woodside Says He’s Glad Stacey Dash Left the Show [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 9, 2012
According to Sister 2 Sister, during an interview with Atlanta’s V103 radio personality Egypt Sherrod, Woodside, who plays Malcolm Franks on the show, claimed that things on set with Dash were not good.
“Last year was very difficult at times to go to set with all that tension that was going on with Stacey,” he told Sherrod. “So I wish her well. I’m sure she’s off doing something else.”
Rumors of Dash’s diva behavior have followed her for years. After her departure from Single Ladies she was fired from the film Supremacy starring Danny Glover and Derek Luke. Dash allegedly showed her diva behavior on the set and the producers quickly replaced her with Lela Rochon Fuqua.
When Woodside was asked if Dash was also difficult on the Single Ladies’ set, he replied that he was happy she left the show.
“Yes, she was,” Woodside said. “I don’t want to cause any trouble, but I for one, am happy she’s gone. It’s a much better place to be. It’s a much better set. I’m just going to keep it straight. I’m just going to keep it real. I am happy that she’s not there anymore.”
Woodside admitted he had a few drinks to celebrate. He added, “When I first heard that Stacey was leaving, I went out and celebrated and had some drinks.”
More from Rucuss
- All My Children Alum Denise Vasi Lands Leading Role on VH1’s ‘Single Ladies’
- VH1 Releases Single Ladies Season 2 Trailer [Video]
- Jason Derulo Says “Pressures of Marriage” Led To Split From Jordan Sparks
- Mimi Faust Shows Off Boyfriend, Stevie J Says He’s a Stunt Double [Photo]
- CeeLo Green Addresses Exploding Phone Video [Details]
- Claudia Jordan On Her Way Out of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show?!