Shaq, Waka Flocka, And More Under Fire For Making Fun Of Handicapped Man’s Selfie
Rucuss staffApril 27, 2014
Shaquille O’Neal, Waka Flocka and Utah Jazz star Trey Burke reportedly made a joke at the expense of a disabled man.
Now he wants an apology. It probably was all in fun for Shaq, Waka and Trey, but they really dropped the ball on this one. Jahmel Binion told myFOXDetroit that the three mocked his Instagram selfie and he didn’t find it funny.
In the photo posted by Shaq, which has since been deleted, the TNT analyst is mocking Binion’s facial expression.
This wouldn’t be as much of a big deal were it not for the fact that Binion suffers from a serious illness called ectodermal dysplasia. It prevents his teeth from fully forming and his hair from growing.
Binion claims he had no idea that the selfie he took would result in him being bullied by celebrities. He said he’s been bullied all of his life, but was totally unprepared when people began telling him that celebrities online were making fun of him. Shaq’s posting garnered more than 14,000 likes and comments alone.
A FOX reporter contacted Shaq via Twiter, Utah Jazz officials and Waka’s record label but no response yet. Binion said this situation has inspired him to start an anti-bullying campaign called ‘Hug Don’t Judge.’
More from Rucuss
- Will Ferrell Ejects Shaquille O’Neal From Staples Center [Video]
- Karl Malone Still Has a Flip Phone, Not Interested In Upgrading [Video]
- Shaq Busts His Ass Trying to Run On TNT [Video]
- Shaquille O’Neal And Hoopz Break Up, Security Escorts Her Out Of His Home [Details]
- Shaquille O’Neal Launches Zales Men’s Jewelry Line [Photos]
- Couple Alert: Is Shaq and Rocsi Diaz Dating? [Photo]