Shannon and Monica Brown Welcome A Baby Girl [Photo]
Rucuss staffSeptember 6, 2013
Monica and Shannon Brown welcomed a new addition to the family this week.
The Browns welcomed a daughter named Laiyah into the world on Tuesday. Shannon shared the good news with his Instagram followers two days later, posting a photo of him cradling his baby girl in his arms with the caption “Daddy’s Girl.”
“I THANK GOD for her!!!,” the Phoenix Suns star tweeted. “JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!”
Although Shannon debuted the first photo of Laiyah, it was Kobe Bryant’s wife Vanessa who broke the news about her birth. Vanessa congratulated the couple on Instagram.
“I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived!,” Vanessa wrote. “Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can’t wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13.”
This is the first child for the couple that married in 2010 after meeting on set of Monica’s video for Love All Over Me. Monica has two sons, Romelo and Rocko, with rapper Rocko. Shannon has a son, Shannon Christopher, from a previous relationship.
Photos via Instagram, Necole Bitchie and Overlycritical.com
More from Rucuss
- Monica Shares Photos Of Her Baby Girl Laiyah
- Monica on Child Support: ‘I’m Not Stepping In No Court House’ [Video]
- Monica and Shannon Brown Expecting a Baby Girl! [Details]
- T.I., Tiny, Monica, Rasheeda, Toya Wright Celebrate Major’s 5th Birthday [Photos]
- Shannon Brown Reportedly Cheated On Monica, Got Sidechick Pregnant [Details]
- Woman Says NBA Player Shannon Brown Cheated on Monica [Details]