Serena Williams Wins Gold at Olympics, Dances on Tennis Court [Video]
Rucuss staffAugust 4, 2012
Serena Williams won the most lopsided women’s tennis singles final in Olympic history.
It took Williams 62 minutes to beat Russia’s Maria Sharapova, 6-0, 6-1 in the women’s final Saturday. Williams dominated from start to finish, serving three aces in the opening game despite the windy conditions on Centre Court. It is Williams first singles gold medal. She is the first woman to win all four Grand Slams and a gold medal in both singles and doubles.
Williams victory capped off a remarkable season where she went 13-0 this summer at the All England Club. It’s the same place where she won her fifth Wimbledon title a month ago.
And after winning her gold medal, Williams couldn’t contain herself. She did a little dance, which is called the ‘crip walk.’ Snoop Dogg who made crip walking famous tweeted,”Shot out to Serena williams. C walking at the Olympics Cpt style hahahahah! Go girl,”.
Serena and her sister Venus are scheduled to play for the doubles title.
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Serena Williams Pregnant By Her Coach?!
- 2012 Olympics: Steeple Chase Gold Medalist Ezekiel Kemboi’s Victory Dance [Video]
- US Open Linked to Racist Emails, Security Company Reportedly Doesn’t Want to Hire Blacks [Details]
- 2012 Olympics: Australia’s Liz Cambage Becomes First Woman to Dunk in Olympic History [Video]
- Michelle Obama Hits a Few Balls at US Open
- Prince Harry Beats Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt in a Race [Video]