Sen. John McCain Caught Playing Poker While Colleagues Discuss Bombing Syria [Photo]
Rucuss staffSeptember 4, 2013
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., didn’t let a public hearing about U.S. plans for military intervention in Syria affect his poker game.
At some point during the hearing on Tuesday, McCain was spotted playing poker on his iPhone. Although, McCain may not have been the only one playing during the hearing, he was the only one caught red-handed.
Washington Post reporter David Beard took a photo of McCain playing poker, while his colleagues and top Obama administration officials discussed a strike on Syria at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.
McCain, who met with the White House Monday to discuss the conflict, admitted he was playing the poker game on Twitter. McCain said he will support Obama’s request to intervene in Syria if the move would “reverse the situation on the battlefield.”
McCain announced conditional support for Obama’s plan on a strike on Syria at a Monday press conference. But made it clear that any U.S. military strike would need to have the goal of degrading the Assad regime. McCain said he will support Obama’s request to intervene in Syria if the move would “reverse the situation on the battlefield.”
Photos via Instagram and Mashable.com
More from Rucuss
- President Obama: ‘I’ve Got 99 Problems and Now Jay-Z is One’
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Delonte West Banned From White House, Goes On Twitter Rant
- Joey BadA$$ Says He’s Sorry For Sharing Malia Obama’s Selfie [Details]
- Harlem Pastor Under Fire for Anti-Gay Church Sign [Details]
- President Obama Addresses The George Zimmerman Verdict & Race In America [Video]