Scottie Pippen Accused of Assaulting Autograph Seeker [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 25, 2013
Former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen was questioned by police investigating the brutal assault of an autograph seeker outside a restaurant.
Pippen, 47, had just finished dining with his family at Nobu restaurant in California on Sunday when an argument occurred between the former NBA star and an autograph seeker. The unidentified victim was inside the restaurant taking photos as Pippen dined with his family. But things got out of hand when Pippen went outside to the parking lot. The man continued taking pictures and sought the Hall of Famer’s autograph, Fox News reports.
An argument ensued that led to violence. The man was taken to a hospital with a head injury and was treated and released. Pippen came in voluntarily to a Los Angeles County sheriff’s substation on Monday after he was named as a suspect in the altercation outside the located on the beach in Malibu. He spoke to police for about an hour and was released pending further investigation.
Investigators were interviewing several witnesses to determine whether Pippen should be charged with assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.
Photos via Newsone and Balljunkie.com
More from Rucuss
- Larsa Pippen Spotted Hanging At Future’s Miami Mansion [Details]
- Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen Have Dance-Off at Pippen’s 47th Birthday Party in Chicago [Photos]
- Lien Placed on Michael Jordan’s Florida Mansion [Details]
- Former NBA Star Dennis Rodman is Broke, Sick and Behind on Child Support! [Details]
- NBA Player Dwight Howard & Girlfriend Spotted at LA Dodgers Game [Photos]
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade Shirtless on Miami Beach [Photos]