Say What: Basketball Wives LA Canceled! [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 12, 2013
There won’t be a third season of Basketball Wives LA.
VH1 reportedly canceled the show after two seasons because of an alleged decline in ratings. Various blogs reports the spinoff, which is produced by Shaunie O’Neal, had been canceled Friday due to an alleged slump in ratings during the second season.
The BBWLA, which debuted on August 29, 2011, suffered a drastic decline in viewership by its fifth episode during season two. The show reportedly drew just 1.8 million viewers during its premiere the figures continued to decrease to just 1.2 million by episode five. These figures pales in comparison to Basketball Wives Miami, which previously attracted close to four million viewers during its peak.
It was rumored last November that Gloria and Laura Govan, Malaysia Pargo and Brooke Bailey were all fired. Jackie Christie and Draya Michele were expected to return, along with new replacements. But those plans have been scraped.
Evelyn Lozada confirmed Friday that Basketball Wives Miami will be returning for season five in August.
Photos via VH1 and VV Photography
More from Rucuss
- VH1 Announces Cast For ‘Atlanta Exes, Tameka Raymond, Torrei Hart & More [Details]
- Brooke Bailey Talks Jackie Christie Fight, Draya Not Being a Model & Malaysia Being Fake [Audio]
- Evelyn Lozada is Expecting A Boy, Dishes Details About Baby Shower
- Basketball Wives: Royce Reed Says Evelyn Lozada is ‘Mentally Slow and a Hypocrite! [Details]
- Evelyn Lozada Shows Off Her Abs! [Photos]
- Evelyn Lozada Does Her First Sexy Photo Shoot After Domestic Violence Dispute [Photos]